Tuesday, January 6, 2015

REVIEW: Whisper by Heather Hildenbrand

Title: Whisper
Author: Heather Hildenbrand
Publication Date: August 13, 2014
Source: Via the author in exchange for review.

The Cherokee believe when a person dies, their soul is reborn. Life is repeated. An endless cycle of lessons to be learned, love to be found, destiny to be fulfilled. For the past six months, in every flower, every bird, I've imagined my parents, relieved of their human forms. Now, after five months at the Skye View Wellness Center, it was summer. A time for parties and friends, but that's the last thing I want to do. So when my best friend Erin convinces me to attend a bonfire at Eagle Point, I can't handle the crowd full of sympathetic stares or drunken class clowns who would use my tragedy as a way into my heart - or my pants. The solitude of the woods offers an escape, until I stumble upon a boy, unconscious and bleeding, his pockets stuffed not with identification but with poetry illustrating the beauty of dying. I've seen enough death. I will not leave this boy's side. Even after he wakes, when the only thing he can remember are visions of events that haven't happened yet... 


Whisper by Heather Hildenbrand is an amazing story of love and grief. I turned the last page feeling all the feels. Not many books can do that to me. I have a heart of stone...

Whisper is a cCherokeegirl who experiences the tragic loss of her parents. She suffers to the point of attempted suicide and being admitted to a mental hospital. After being released and knowing how to cope with her grief, she tries to move on with her life. Then enters Dylan. A boy she finds badly hurt and helps nurse him back to life. Dylan awakens things in her that she didn't know existed. He is the key to her life, past, present and future.

Once again, Heather has blown me away. Not only is her writing captivating, but she knows how to pull you into her stories. You don't just read Heather's books, you live them.

I completely fell in love with every character in Whisper. From Whisper herself, to even the bad guy. Whisper is strong, caring and independent. She has been through hell, but she came out on top. She stood for what she believed in and took no crap from anyone. Her instant connection with Dylan was fantastic. In the process of saving his life, he saved hers. Dylan was everything. Gorgeous, protecting and loving. He awakes from his injuries with amnesia. The journey of him remembering who he is, is fascinating. One of my favorite book boyfriends to date!

Heather tackles so many issues in Whisper. Attempted suicide, tragic loss, murder, the list goes on. Whisper is full of Cherokee folk lore, magic and a sense of family that lasts hundreds of years.


I could talk about Whisper for hours, but I won't. What I will say is do yourself a favor and get your hands on this book. I absolutely loved it and I know you will too!

5 Hearts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams