Monday, January 5, 2015

It's Monday! What are you reading? (#1)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

Since we are starting a new year, I'm kind of starting fresh with my reading. I've been in sort of a "not wanting to read" mood the last couple of months. So I don't have any recently read books to tell you about today. Only current and upcoming!



Ellie Jordan’s job is to catch and remove unwanted ghosts. Part detective, part paranormal exterminator, Ellie operates out of Savannah, Georgia, one of the oldest and most haunted cities in North America.

When a family contacts her to deal with a disturbing presence in the old mansion they’ve recently purchased, Ellie first believes it to be a typical, by-the-book specter, a residual haunting by a restless spirit. Instead, she finds herself confronting an evil older and more powerful than she’d ever expected, rooted in the house’s long and sordid history of luxury, sin, and murder. The dangerous entity seems particularly interested in her clients’ ten-year-old daughter.

Soon her own life is in danger, and Ellie must find a way to exorcise the darkness of the house before it can kill her, her clients, or their frightened young child.
 

(My copy was provided by the author in exchange for a review. Be sure to check back on the 20th to see what I thought!)


  


That's about it for my first round of It's Monday! Short and sweet. So what are you guys reading this week? I'd love to hear! I'm always looking for more books to add to my ever growing TBR pile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams