Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review: Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan

Title: Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper
Author: J.L. Bryan
Publication Date: August 27, 2014
Source: Via the author in exchange for review.

Ellie Jordan’s job is to catch and remove unwanted ghosts. Part detective, part paranormal exterminator, Ellie operates out of Savannah, Georgia, one of the oldest and most haunted cities in North America.

When a family contacts her to deal with a disturbing presence in the old mansion they’ve recently purchased, Ellie first believes it to be a typical, by-the-book specter, a residual haunting by a restless spirit. Instead, she finds herself confronting an evil older and more powerful than she’d ever expected, rooted in the house’s long and sordid history of luxury, sin, and murder. The dangerous entity seems particularly interested in her clients’ ten-year-old daughter.

Soon her own life is in danger, and Ellie must find a way to exorcise the darkness of the house before it can kill her, her clients, or their frightened young child.



I thought Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper was fantastic! J.L. Bryan weaved a fascinating story of ghosts, the occult and survival. I'm a huge fan of horror, but never so much of ghosts. That didn't matter with Ellie Jordan, I was sucked in from the beginning.

Ellie Jordan is a ghost hunter. She works for a small paranormal investigating firm. She's taken on a new partner named Stacey to help out. Ellie likes to work alone. She's open to bringing Stacey along but doesn't hold out much hope for her working out. Watching the friendship bloom between these two through out the book is fun. It reminds me a lot of myself. I don't take very well to new people and tend to push them away at first. 

Ellie is a beast. She gets scared but never shows any fear. There is no way I could make myself do half the things she did. She has one mission and that is to get rid of the ghost, no matter what. Stacey comes from money but wants to branch out on her own. She gets started working with ghosts accidentally but ends up loving it. She is spunky and funny and I really enjoyed her character. 

I actually don't want to reveal to much of this story because it's more fun for you to uncover it own your own! Ellie Jordan has many twists and turns and discoveries that you are constantly questioning what the big picture is. And the ending? Awesome. I almost think it was the best part of the whole book. 

Some of the plot line is kind of predictable. I've spent most of my life watching horror movies, so it wasn't hard for me to guess the outcome of certain happenings. But that didn't take any of the enjoyment away. I literally ate this book up in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down!

You will not be disappointed with picking up Ellie Jordan: Ghost Trapper. J.L. Bryan's writing is fantastic and this story is one that you don't want to miss out on!

5 Hearts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams