Monday, January 13, 2014

REVIEW: Stella Steiner: A New Star is Born (Stella Steiner #2) by T. Anderson

Title: Stella Nova: A New Star is Born (Stella Steiner #2)
Author: T. Anderson
Publication Date: September 30, 2013
Source: Via the author for review.

Stella has awakened. Following a risky surgery and months in a coma she is grateful to have narrowly escaped death but struggles to accept that it was all a dream. Full of opposition, Stella’s life after waking is nothing like it used to be. 
To keep her sanity she vows to put the past behind her and begin again. Stella decides to put college on hold and find adventure through travel. On the anniversary of her original departure she’s destined for Oslo but takes an unexpected detour—California! With proof of her birth family at her fingertips, Stella is forced to confront all she has worked so hard to forget.
Teaming up with those she believed were imaginary characters from her dreams, Stella is whisked into a mysterious and transformational quest to protect an ancient secret—immortality. Faced with obstacles, she wonders what is true and who to trust. 
Relying on clues from past lives and Scandinavian lore, Stella uncovers more about herself and a purpose greater than she ever would have believed. To fulfill her destiny Stella must embrace change, sacrifice much, and risk everything. She becomes something new, someone powerful and unearthly. 
Stella Nova. Defender of the One.

Stella Nova is the second book in the Stella Steiner series. It's so hard for me to review series books because I don't want to give anything away. But I'm going to do my best, so here goes..

In Stella Nova, we open to find that Stella has been in a coma because of the brain tumor she developed in book one. She is still having dreams of past lives, but is told that it's all her imagination. After her recovery, she sets out on a world journey to discover who she really is.

Stella Nova started off kind of slow for me. It was mostly because of me and not the story itself. It's been over a year since I've read Monad (the first book) and I was confused. I felt like this story did not pick up where the first one ended. But I pushed on. I must say that it all came together nicely.

Once Stella stepped off that airplane, the story really drew me in. No lie, I read this book in one day. I couldn't put it down. We meet all the characters from Monad plus a few more. I loved that we finally got some background stories on all of them as well. That was the one thing I thought Monad was missing, but Stella Nova fills in all the gaps.

It really was a nonstop ride from about chapter 4 to the end. The bulk of this story is about only one day in the book. But because it's told from every character's point of view, it's constant action and learning.

I really don't want to give away to much, but if you read Monad, then you absolutely must continue! And if you haven't read either, then get on the ball! I don't think you will be disappointed.

I loved Stella Nova and I can't wait for the next in the series. I have to know how Stella's story is going to end! Special thanks fo the author, T. Anderson, for sending me a copy of Stella Nova and allowing me the chance to read her story! I loved it!


 *Be sure to check out my review of T. Anderson's first book in the Stella Steiner series. Monad: The Awakening of Stella Steiner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams