Thursday, January 9, 2014

Project Home Introduction!

As much as I love books, I also have other things that I love just as much. So I'm going against the normal "book blogger" status and posting a mashup of things. One thing that I am very passionate about is all things DIY. I love to paint, sew, craft, crochet (still learning!) and read. So why not be able to share all of thses things in one space? This is my blog after all, I have that choice. Which is actually where my name came from. Geek for the book lover in me and Glitter for the crafty part. 

So I have decided to share our remodeling journey with you here on the blog. Every Thursday you will see a Project Home post. About 5 years ago, my husband and I bought a trailer. Neither of us had very good credit at the time, so our options were very limited. My parents own about 13 acres in the country, so we set up home next door to them. We couldn't be happier. I was raised here and I love being here. We have the freedom to do whatever we want! But after several years, we've decided to pretty much remodel every room in the house. Over the last year we've already done alot of work, so the first few posts will be playing catch up with the things done already. 

Anything that has to do with our remodel will be posted here, on the blog, on Thursdays. Anything else that I do (crafty, DIY, furniture, etc.) that doesn't have to do with our home will be shared on my Facebook Page. So if that is your cup of tea, be sure to like GeekGlitter on FB so you don't miss out! There will also be plenty of bookish things on FB too, but I don't want to be to repetitive. I'd like to keep a nice mix of different things going on in different places.

Basically this was just introducing you to my Project Home idea. Next week will be the first official post, with pictures and stuff. So be sure to stick around and check out what we've been up to! You can also check out the hashtag #ggprojecthome on Instagram to keep up as well. I've been trying to tag all of our home pictures with that tag for easy tracking.

Do you enjoy crafting as well? Tell me about some of your projects!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams