Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Random Wednesday {Book Haul #1}

I've been trying to decide on a blogging schedule. Something that is easy and I know I'll stick to it. I've been pretty set on Monday's and Friday's being for reviews, but the rest I can't decide on. So I came up with Random Wednesdays. (I don't think this is an actual meme that's out there, but there are so many who can keep up?) And pretty much, I'll post whatever. Today it's a mini book haul & sale promotion. Next week I plan on doing my Influenster Spring VoxBox review post. Random...

I don't really get books that often, which is why I've opted to not do the Stacking the Shelves or IMM meme's. Maybe one day if things change, but for now I'll just have random book haul posts. The following are just a few books I've picked up over the last few weeks.






Gone by Micheal Grant - I've wanted to read this series since it came out. I saw Gone at Target for only $4 and I couldn't say no!
Shadow Falls - The Beginning (Books 1 & 2) by C.C. Hunter - I also saw this at Target. I'd never heard of this series before but it sounded interesting.
Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor - I loved, loved, loved the first book. That review is coming up in a few days. So naturally I have to read book 2!
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger - Who doesn't love the sound of prim and proper girls who double as deadly assassins? Sign me up!

The following 3 books are thanks to Netgalley!

Dead Little Dolly by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli - This was a "read now" book on Netgalley and I thought it sounded pretty interesting. So I decided to give it a shot.
Bloodspell by Amalie Howard - Witches, Vampires & who knows what else. I always love a good witchy, vampire book.
Enamoured by Shannon Curtis - A story that has a fairy tale twist sounds awesome to me. I can't wait to read this one!

(Click on the titles to take you to the GoodReads page!)

Also, on a special note, I have an announcement about a book sale. I've recently signed up to be a part of the Dirty Blood Street Team. The Dirty Blood series is written by Heather Hildenbrand. She also has written a few other books and this is one of them. 

Everyone is exactly like me.
There is no one like me.
The rough fabric of my cotton nightgown chafes so I lie very still. They say my discomfort comes from being built like one accustomed to niceties. How is that fair when I myself have never experienced anything but copies of the real thing?
My entire life is an imitation.
I am an Imitation.
I’ve been here five years. Training. Preparing. Waiting.
And now I have a letter.
My assignment has begun.
I am a prisoner.
I am not Raven Rogen.
I am here to die.


I, personally, have not read this book yet, but I know that I want to! And on Thursday, June 13 - Friday, June 14, Imitation is only $.99!! You can't beat a deal like that. I know I will be taking advantage of this great deal and so should you! Support an amazing author and read a great story!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Instagrams